Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year Divas!



Okay...It's a new year so in order to stick with tradition, take out your pen and paper and let's get to those new year's resolutions!!!

So you don't start exactly when the clock strikes 12...you have a five day grace period to jump start those resolutions (it's an unwritten rule!) Need some help? Here are a few resolutions that can help this '08 run as smoothly as that new ipod you got for Christmas!

Choose a few and stick with them!

1. I will take care of my body through physical activity and nutrition and eat at least one fruit and one vegetable every day, and I will limit the amount of soda I drink.

2. I will read one book from the library each month that is NOT a romance novel.

3. I will choose more positive television shows and I will limit my television time.

4. I will help out in my community – through volunteering, working with community groups or by joining a group that helps people in need.

5. I will wipe negative talk out of my vocabulary, including profanity, and make positivity and intelligence a priority in my life.

6. When I feel angry or stressed out, I will take a break and find constructive ways to deal with the stress, such as exercising, reading, writing in a journal or discussing my problem with a parent or friend.

7. When faced with a difficult decision, I will talk with a responsible adult about my choices.

8. I will be careful about whom I choose to date, and always treat the other person with respect and without coercion or violence and make responsible choices about our relationship.

9. I will resist peer pressure to try drugs and alcohol.

10. When I notice my friends are struggling or engaging in risky behaviors, I will talk with a trusted and responsible adult to attempt to find a way that I can help them.

--courtesy of www.aap.org

The best way to stick with your New Year's Resolution is to type it out and post it somewhere you can read it often!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My new year's resolution is to eat healthier and bring my lunch to school.