Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Jada explains Willow's unique hairstyle


Jada Pinkett Smith was on George Lopez recently and responded to critics who have slammed her for allowing Willow to shave the sides of her head. She explained that the cut came about because her daughter wanted “hair like her grandmother’s”.

“She decided, ‘I want hair like my grandmother’s.’ I said ‘Willow, grandma has no hair – you have to have some hair.’ And she said, “Mom I’m really tired of the hair. I just really feel I’d like it to get in the pool. I want it to swim. I just don’t want to be bothered with the hair.’” After discussing it with husband Will, Willow was given permission to shave the sides of her head.

According to her hair stylist Marcia Hamilton, the cut represents Willow’s personality:

“Look, it’s 2010. Can’t our little girls move into the future without ruffling feathers? The look is fun, empowering, anti-relaxer and anti-weave. More women need to steer their little girls in this direction. If your child is a forward-thinker, you should guide her instead of smothering her.”


Read more: Jada Pinkett Smith Explains Willow’s Hairstyle | Necole Bitchie.com

No comments: