Sunday, February 1, 2009

Shame!!! Etta James says she was kidding after going off on Beyonce!



Although she called out President Obama for the size of his ears ("You know your president...He's not my president!") and saying Beyonce deserved to "get her ass whipped" for performing her timeless classic, 'At Last,' at the Neighborhood Ball during the Presidential Inauguration, R&B music legend Etta James claims it was all in fun.

"I didn't really mean anything," James told the 'New York Daily News.' "Even as a little child, I've always had that comedian kind of attitude. ... That's probably what went into it."

The 71-year-old singer recently vented during a recent show in Seattle that she felt a bit "left out" of the historical event for not being invited to sing her signature hit.

"The great Beyonce! Now like I said, she ain't mine," she told the crowd. "I can't stand Beyonce! She had no business up there singing. Singing on a big ole, big ole president day and going be singing my song that I've been singing forever."

I say we give her a pass on this one! Sometimes older people forget that they can't just say the first thing that comes to their mind!

No comments: