Friday, April 30, 2010

Venus Williams serves up stylish off-court lifestyle


On The Today Show with Kathie Lee and Hoda amazing tennis player Venus Williams who has won 43 WTA tour titles, with 7 Grand Slams and 10 Doubles titles with sister Serena, talks about being successful off the court. Venus is the President of her own clothing line company, and an interior design company V Starr Interiors, and part owner of the Miami dolphins along with sister Serena Williams.

Venus talks about a competition she has with her fan to design an dress online and the winning dress will be worn at the 2010 US Open. "I had a really great competition for my fans with Tide Plus and Febreeze Freshness Sport and they got to design a dress online and I got to judge all the dresses, and all the entries entered and the winner will be announced on May 7th, but I will wear the dress at the Us Open".

She also has a book coming out this June that elaborates on how sports has helped a lot of people through their lives. "Ive talked to so many wonderful people. We have Vera Wang, very high level figure skater could have went on to that next level, but I think she found she wanted to do something else, but how that applied to her life even to this day, and how with out playing sports she couldn't have had that success that she had".

Being so involved in tennis as a kid one would expect certain child hood experiences to be missed, but that's not how she feels. "I've been so blessed in my life I get to do what I love. I get to design, I get to do interior design and I get to play tennis and I love playing it!"

With such a busy schedule Venus believes that when it comes time to settle down and find a soul mate she will make the time.

No comments: