Saturday, March 22, 2008

Tiffany Evans explains why she's "Grown"


The 15-year old songstress Tiffany Evans speaks out about her new single, “I’m Grown,” featuring Bow Wow, for which she just released a video for....

“So, I see there is a lot of great things being said about the song… and the video and I’ve been getting great feedback, so I’m very happy about that. So, I’m just going to address the negative things that are being said. Some people say : “How can you be 15 and grown?” or I’m sending out the wrong message to young people or people around the world. Well, I’m going to address any and everyone who has a problem with what I feel…

First of all, ‘I’m Grown’ is not about being Fresh or going out and doing things that older people do. It’s not about being able to go to the club, it’s not about disobeying your mother and father, it’s not about being able to pop-lock and drop it all over the place… clearly a lot of you don’t understand what I’m saying so I’m going to explain it in the best way possible for those who don’t get it as fast as others.

When I say I’m grown… I truly am. It’s not an opinion. It’s a fact. I have been through so much in the past 6 years of my life. Nobody knows what I have been through in my life, only those who have been in the struggle with me really know. I have learned a lot about things that I didn’t know when I first started. I have grown spiritually, mentally and physically. God has brought me through so much,through hell and high water and I am blessed enough to have a foundation in my life to help me learn from my mistakes and just to be their through everything good and bad.”

No comments: